Monday 4 March 2013

Commission

I've been a very busy girl, working on a commission. As you know this is sensitive work since I don't actually own the piece. It makes talking about it quite challenging. How can I show you something that's taking up most of my waking moments without compromising the design?

The first image shows the play of light this material creates. It works best in daylight rather than artificial light. The reflections curve and play as they bounce off surfaces which gives the fabric a stunning sense of movement.


This is a close up of the fabric. Yes really.
 

I love working with something that's different. It makes me rethink my ideas of garment construction and just how far you can push a fabric.

I'm hoping the designer will allow me to post some images of the finished garment.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment